Ice Etiquette for STARSKaters and Coaches
Fall Season 2020
Ice Etiquette for STARSkaters and Coaches
All skaters and coaches must abide by the Ice Etiquette – Code of Conduct posted on the bulletin board. The Ice Etiquette form must be read and signed during the online registration. Please direct any concerns or questions to the Director.
SKATERS, PARENTS AND COACHES PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION CAREFULLY.
PARENTS: PLEASE MAKE SURE TO REVIEW WITH SKATER
Right of Way on the Ice:
- Skaters in a lesson and having music played have
- Coaches should coach from the boards unless they are skating. (Please ensure any discussions are done at boardside)
- Cross-discipline coaching is permitted as all sessions are open (unless grouped structured sessions).
- Courtesy and good sportsmanship to coaches and fellow skaters are expected at all times. If you get in another skaters way please be polite and
- If a coach has concerns with the conduct of another coach’s skater, the concern should be discussed between the two coaches, unless deemed an immediate safety
- If you fall, get up
- Skaters and coaches must watch out for those using the harness (if applicable).
- Harness usage may not be immediately available as a result of pandemic
- All coaches that have been trained to use the harness have access to the combination in the SK Music
- See the SK Director of Skating Programs for training if required. Coaches please operate the harness parallel to the board side for ice
- Skaters must watch for skaters in a lesson or skating their solo
- Spins are to be practiced in the centre of the
- Jumps are to be practiced in the corners and length of the
- Coaches must submit their music to be added to the tablet. At this time, as a result of pandemic policies, Skate Kingston is unable to allow cd’s and individual phones to be used to play
- Each coach is entitled to one request per lesson. If there are no other requests (from skaters or coaches) additional requests are
- Skaters will have their music played in order of A sign-up sheet is available at board side to sign up for your music request.
· Only coaches will be able to sign-up and select/play music for skaters at this time. Pen/stylus will be provided to coaches for this purpose.
- If time permits skaters may have their music more than
- Skaters and Coaches – please be courteous and start the next solo when your solo has
Other General Issues:
- No food, gum chewing or drinks are allowed on the ice. Water is
- Put garbage (including Kleenex) in the containers
- If socializing is disruptive to the session, you may be asked to leave the
- Skaters are NOT permitted to use personal electronic devices (cell phones, iPods & MP3 players) while skating on SK ice. Coaches can use these devices for teaching purposes only. If a coach is observed using these devices for purposes other than teaching their privileges to use them on the ice will be
PROBLEMS OR CONCERNS ON THE STARSKATE ICE SHOULD BE DISCUSSED WITH SK DIRECTOR(S) OF SKATING IMMEDIATELY.