Ice Etiquette for STARSKaters and Coaches
All skaters and coaches must abide by the Ice Etiquette – Code of Conduct posted on the bulletin board. The Ice Etiquette form must be read and signed during the online registration. Please direct any concerns or questions to the Director.
SKATERS, PARENTS AND COACHES PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION CAREFULLY.
PARENTS: PLEASE MAKE SURE TO REVIEW WITH SKATER
Right of Way on the Ice:
- Skaters in a lesson and having music played have priority.
- Coaches should coach from the boards unless they are skating. (Please ensure any discussions are done at board side)
- Cross-discipline coaching is permitted as all sessions are open (unless grouped structured sessions).
- Courtesy and good sportsmanship to coaches and fellow skaters are always expected. If you get in another skater’s way, please be polite and apologize.
- If a coach has concerns with the conduct of another coach’s skater, the concern should be discussed between the two coaches, unless deemed an immediate safety issue.
- If you fall, get up immediately.
- Skaters and coaches must watch out for those using the harness (if applicable).
- Harness usage is not currently available. Should it become available, skaters and coaches will be notified
- All coaches that have been trained to use the harness have access to the combination in the SK Music Room.
- See the SK Director of Skating Programs for training if required. Coaches please operate the harness parallel to the board side for ice safety.
- Skaters must watch for skaters in a lesson or skating their solo music.
- Spins are to be practiced in the centre of the rink. Jumps are to be practiced in the corners and length of the rink.
- Coaches and skaters must submit their music to be added to the tablet. Music can be emailed to email@example.com to be added to the tablet. Skate Kingston is unable to allow cd’s and individual phones to be used to play music.
- Each coach is entitled to one request per lesson. If there are no other requests (from skaters or coaches) additional requests are permitted.
- Skaters will have their music played in order of request.
- If time permits skaters may have their music more than once.
Other General Issues:
- No food, gum chewing, or drinks are allowed on the ice. Water is allowed.
- Put garbage (including Kleenex) in the containers provided.
- If socializing is disruptive to the session, you may be asked to leave the ice.
- Skaters are NOT permitted to use personal electronic devices (cell phones, iPods & MP3 players) while skating on SK ice. Coaches can use these devices for teaching purposes only. If a coach is observed using these devices for purposes other than teaching their privileges to use them on the ice will be revoked.
PROBLEMS OR CONCERNS ON THE STARSKATE ICE SHOULD BE DISCUSSED WITH SK DIRECTOR(S) OF SKATING AND/OR THE SK PRESIDENT IMMEDIATELY.