At Skate Kingston, we want all of our skaters to be safe. Please read these rules and tips and make sure you understand them. You need to sign this and return it saying you have read and understood the rules, and a parent or a guardian needs to sign as well.
- Always make sure you are looking out for other skaters, even when you are skating backwards. Pay attention all the time.
- You can practice your spins in the middle oval of the rink. You can practice your jumps in the corners of the rink.
- Listen and recognize music. If another skater is practicing their program or their dance to their music, they have the right of way. This means that other skaters should make sure they are getting out of the way of the skater who is skating to their solo/dance music. Skaters must watch for skaters in a lesson or skating to their solo or dance music. (Ask your coach to identify solo/dance music so you know what to listen for.)
- If another skater is having a lesson with their coach, please make sure you get out of their way (unless you are doing your dance or your program to music).
- If you fall, get up immediately.
- Don’t talk to coaches when they are working with other skaters.
- Please show courtesy to all skaters and coaches. If you get in another skater’s way, please be polite and apologize.
- Skaters can request to have their music played once outside of their lesson. If time permits, they can play their music once more in a lesson. Please make sure to sign up on the music sign-in sheet.
- Skaters are NOT permitted to use personal electronic devices while skating.
PROBLEMS OR CONCERNS ON THE STARSKATE ICE SHOULD BE DISCUSSED WITH SK DIRECTOR(S) OF SKATING AND/OR THE SK PRESIDENT IMMEDIATELY.
You must be logged in to post a comment.